Apologies for the wait!

Wow. It's been a long time since I've posted on here. So, I guess I'll have to start doing so again.

First off, I saw the Toadies once again on the same tour, granted, this time there was no 50+ hours of driving involved. Just a mere 14, to Minneapolis. We surprised Andy with tickets a week after he returned from Europe, and he had a blast. Great show, but they didn't play Dollskin, always a favorite of mine live.

I'm helping out at a local video game store for the holiday season, or as I like to say, "I've rejoined the circus." Seriously. If another over-weight middle aged woman yells at me for not having the WiiFit in stock, I'll shoot myself.

It's strange. I really don't play any games anymore, much less anything on the three "next-gen" systems...so I kinda feel really old when people are asking me about games that game out "a long time ago" that I've never even heard of. Granted, in the game business, "a long time ago" typically refers to a few months back. But, I'm still amazed at the graphics these systems can push out. Also, I still find myself wanting to play the really old classics. After watching a particular episode of the British Channel 4 series "Spaced" I found myself looking up if we had in stock Resident Evil 2. I think I may check it out and borrow my ASM's GameCube and play it. I remember me and my brother staying up late to play that creepy game....It'll pass the time before Starcraft 2 comes out, anyway.

It's now getting close to officially being winter, so alas, there's no frolfing anywhere near Minot. I'm finding I miss my daily walks in the park. I suppose I could go walk in the park now, but losing frolf discs in the snow, not to mention personal extremities to the bitter cold, somehow doesn't sound appealing.

Also, I'm trying desperately not to become a de facto audiophile, for fear of my wallet. But I've become somewhat knowledgeable in the fields of MP3 players (of the non-fruity kind) and affordable audiophile-quality headphone gear. So, in a little bit of a winter solstice gift to you all, I'll share some links to some decent stuff which would make excellent gifts/stocking stuffers!

(in the next post, of course!)
-w-

0 comments: