The 1/4th of Joo-lie.

Happy Fourth everyone. Remember, in order to be as patriotic and American as you possibly can, revolt and resist the powers at be. Happy revolution!

Jeanette and I are driving to Denver today to spend some time around the city and later hit up a party of a friend of hers. Should be fun. I woke up fairly early today and did some laundry, cleaned the room a little bit, ate some tasty cereal, and went for a throw.

Warmed up for 20 minutes on the practice green, then got through the first nine before heading back due to heat and exhaustion. This whole acclimation thing is terrible. Bike for 30 minutes, or carry boxes for 10, and you're winded, plus you're drinking water constantly. Plus, beer seems to affect you quicker, therefore, even though you've got the entire world of great selections in front of you, after one or two your tastebuds are dead to the world as your already semi-soused. Terrible, but I can deal with that!

My throws are starting to get better, getting some distance finally on the drives, and with no loss of control on the mid-ranges. I think I bogied 1 and 6, but parred the rest, including the brutal no. 7, with the huge bend in the river right before the hole (plus the hole is up a small but steep incline about 15 ft, oh yeah, and of course there's trees right before the river on the bank...)
But I'll be happy with +2 on the front nine, on my third real time throwing it.

Gonna practice cello for a bit and then I think Jeanette and I will be out. We got invited to a lake/boating thing tomorrow, so we'll probably do that. I'm starting to get pretty tan. So much so that Jeanette commented on it last night by saying that it makes my eyes look really blue. So blue, in fact, she said I look "demonic".....hehehe.


Updates on the beer:

Had the Alaskan Amber my first night here, instead of the planned Westie, but that was mostly due to the fact that I had no correct glassware here. That situation was ameliorated with a trip to Wilbur's Total Beverage last night. Anyway the Alaskan Amber, supposedly pretty new to the FtC area was a delightfully drinkable beer. Similar in style to Fat Tire, but with quite a bit less biscuit-y nose. Fair lacing, and a quickly receded head, but overall not a bad brew by any stretch of the imagination. Now, if we could get that in ND, I wouldn't pine for FT so much.

Last night I popped the Stone Ruination I.P.A. Such as the bottle says, "A liquid poem to the glory of the hop", this thing is a total hop bomb. Lovely. An almost reddish tinged gold colour, with a frothy, large head which leaves light transparent lacing, and a fruity nose. As well as small notes of hops, grapefruit comes through in the nose, in my opinion. Hops and more hops are almost all you taste, from beginning to end. Astounding, perfect for a warm summer night outside. I think I'll pick a few of these up for my friends back in ND.

Once again, safe blowing-shit-up day to all!

-w-

0 comments: