Damn the man.

So, on our way down to Denver yesterday afternoon, my van died again. Methinks it's time to take it in again. Hopefully this won't be another 2300 down and out. But we still ended up having a good time anyway...Jeanette's friend picked us up, then we went down to Old Town and had a few drinks (my first good mojito since Pto Vallarta, mind you) and then over to another bar and had some of the local breweries finers....still having a hard time passing up draught 1554, but I really enjoyed Odell's 5 Barrel Pale Ale, as well as their IPA. Lovely bunch of coconuts. Then we travelled back, picked up the van (seems it doesn't like the heat), and went to watch the fireworks over at City Park Nine golf course. Best fireworks I've seen in a long while. Not saying much considering for the past two years I've been working in a bar with no windows on the fourth, and before that I was always playing with the BMSO during the capitol's fireworks down in Bismarck, but nonetheless, they were impressive. Except for the d-bags screaming behind us. Ugh.

Went out with a couple more of Jeanette's work friends today to Horsetooth Reservoir. That was a blast. Tubing, waterskiing, and just general sitting around having crappy beer on the water. Stupid "Can Only" rules. Next time I'll have to bring some of New Belgium's newest fare....Fat Tire in cans. That might make me weep openly inside when I drink it, but it's better than the other domestic drinkables.

Had a good practice today, as well. Starting to really blast through "Dance of the Elves", as well as getting some good mem work done on Bach 2. If only it weren't so damn hot in this condo.

Also, had to go buy another Neti pot. Can't believe I left mine in Mindrot.

The fuzzy picture is of Jeanette and I at the new d-bag bar in old town, the "Drunken Monkey". They have swings instead of barstools.
Fuzzy Monkeys.

-w-

0 comments: