Second day. Exhaustion. Shoes.

Yesterday was fun. I went down to the closest mall and bought some shoes....finally a pair to replace the Chuck Taylors that fell to tiny bits a few months back....good frolf, erm, Frisbee Golfing shoes.
After making my purchase, I found my way down to Edora Park, and the course there. It's a blast. I met up with some older lady who throws all the time in the tournaments and knows all the guys from the Ft Collins Frisbee Golf Club, and she gave me a lot of tips on my technique. I still had a few great throws sneak in, and managed to par most of the back nine. Only a matter of time before I really start getting some great distance on my drives. Also, I managed to wear in my brand new shoes by having to jump into the river about waist deep and fish out my Ontario Roc (why didn't I throw the floatable Dragon on that hole??Argh!)

After that, I came back home, changed my shoes and socks, and went out to eat at a great little local deli/butcher shop, Choice City Deli. Let me tell you, the food was pretty damn good, but that place has things on tap that I haven't seen outside of Brussels. Chimay Tripel, St. Bernardus Abt 12, and all of the small FtCo-exclusive New Belgium brews are just a taste. So I ordered a nice Reuban, with a side of zesty potato salad, and a Bernardus. Ahhhhhhhhh........



Ahhhhh..........


Wow, that was delicious. Sat outside on the patio and people watched with one of the best beers around. Then I struck up a conversation with a guy who'd sat at the table next to mine about beer (He was drinking the New Belgium Jessica's Porter), and we chatted for almost 3 hours - ranging on topics from IT, beer, wine, music, life, his kid's going to college, biking, cooking, and a plethora of other topics. Moved on to a good glass of New Belgium's Old Cherry, then he introduced me to the owners of the deli, and we all chatted about good beers from Belgium, and we split a great bottle of Fantome, a Belgian Saison, with a remarkable nose and very drinkable mouthfeel.

After a meeting for volunteers for a local "Live at Lunch" show at the community radio, I went to Big City Burrito for the first time....that was awesome....
Basically, BCB is a homegrown version of Chipotle, only with better food and cheaper prices....Let me tell you, it hit the spot when your three sheets to the wind on good beer.

Passed out safe and sound at my place by 11:00 pm. I'm starting to get to know the city's layout a bit more. Love it.

More later.
-w-

0 comments: